DONNELLY TESTING & INSPECTIONS (501)
EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES OFFERED by GEORGE DONNELLY
The essays published on this web-site offer a comprehensive
statement regarding who Mr. Donnelly is and what he believes. This business was started in
2000 with the intent of simply offering the best quality testing service available in
the market. The experience gained while providing these services has led to being asked to serve as an expert witness in disputes headed for,
or already in, litigation.
Mr. Donnelly has served as an expert witness in litigations and disputes
regarding floor coverings and concrete floor slab issues across the United
States and in Canada. Our mission when asked to serve in this capacity is to
research and define the issues in contention and guide our clients and their
attorneys in an effort to reach an equitable settlement. Unfortunately, there
have been instances in which opposing parties could not agree and arbitrators,
judges or juries were asked to understand complex technical issues and render judgments.
The services we offer include pre-construction and construction
document/plan/design review, submittal review, comprehensive on-site testing,
research and written evaluations based on standards and guidelines published by ASTM, ACI, the
floor covering industry and individual product manufacturers. Our scope of
service often leads to testimony in deposition and we believe that the quality
of that testimony has helped many clients settle without trial.
Without divulging specific names involved in litigation, examples of the
types of cases we
have worked on for insurance carriers or directly for clients include (references available upon request):
- Third party referee testing, ordered by a court appointed mediator, of
concrete floor slab dryness in a case involving 120 homes in California.
- Representing a corporate client when a concrete "sealer" failed
in Kansas damaging resilient flooring in laboratories.
- Representing a corporate client when floor coverings failed due to
combined design and construction defects in California.
- Representing a general contractor when resilient floor coverings failed due to a
design defect in Missouri.
- Representing a floor covering contractor when raised panel floor covering system
failure was due to a design defect in Oklahoma.
- Representing a building owner when resilient floor coverings failed in Kentucky.
- Representing a general contractor when a concrete "sealer"
failed in California.
- Representing a homeowner when moisture induced mold growth beneath carpets
in an Arizona
- Representing a general contractor when wood floor coverings were improperly
installed in Canada.
- Representing a floor covering contractor when resilient floor coverings failed due
to a design defect in Washington.
- Representing home owners associations in construction defect
litigations (numerous California & Nevada) with damages
to wood, tile and resilient floor coverings.
- Representing single homeowners in construction defect litigations in California
with damages to marble, ceramic tile, wood and carpeted floors.
- Representing a general contractor when wood flooring became distressed due
to maintenance, rather than construction issues, in California.
- Representing an Architect when resilient floor coverings failed due to
insufficiently dry concrete in Rhode Island.
- Representing a paint and coating manufacturer against baseless claims in Arizona.
- Representing a wood flooring installation contractor in California.
- Representing a corporate client when a "sealer" system was
ineffective in Oregon.
- Representing a General Contractor when a "sealer" system was
improperly installed in Utah.
- Representing a floor covering contractor when a floor slab was improperly
placed in Ohio.
- Representing a floor coating contractor when a installation specification
was defective in North Carolina.
- Representing a floor covering contractor in a dispute with an adhesive
manufacturer in Texas.
- Representing a floor covering contractor in a dispute with a floor
covering manufacturer in New Jersey.
- Representing a floor covering manufacturer when floor coverings were
improperly installed in Ohio.
- Representing a Building Owner when floor coverings failed due to
improper/insufficient testing in Maryland.
- Representing a School District when a "sealer" system
failed to protect flooring from moisture in California.
If we can be of service, or if you would like to discuss specifics of a case
or issue, please feel free to call or e-mail us at:
The initial consultation will be without charge. Thank you for considering