EXPERT WITNESS SERVICES OFFERED by GEORGE DONNELLY
The essays published on this web-site offer a comprehensive statement regarding who Mr. Donnelly is and what he believes. This business was started in 2000 with the intent of simply offering the best quality testing service available in the market. The experience gained while providing these services has led to being asked to serve as an expert witness in disputes headed for, or already in, litigation.
Mr. Donnelly has served as an expert witness in litigations and disputes regarding floor coverings and concrete floor slab issues across the United States and in Canada. Our mission when asked to serve in this capacity is to research and define the issues in contention and guide our clients and their attorneys in an effort to reach an equitable settlement. Unfortunately, there have been instances in which opposing parties could not agree and arbitrators, judges or juries were asked to understand complex technical issues and render judgments.
The services we offer include pre-construction and construction document/plan/design review, submittal review, comprehensive on-site testing, research and written evaluations based on standards and guidelines published by ASTM, ACI, the floor covering industry and individual product manufacturers. Our scope of service often leads to testimony in deposition and we believe that the quality of that testimony has helped many clients settle without trial.
Without divulging specific names involved in litigation, examples of the types of cases we have worked on for insurance carriers or directly for clients include (references available upon request):
- Third party referee testing, ordered by a court appointed mediator, of concrete floor slab dryness in a case involving 120 homes in California.
- Representing a corporate client when a concrete "sealer" failed in Kansas damaging resilient flooring in laboratories.
- Representing a corporate client when floor coverings failed due to combined design and construction defects in California.
- Representing a general contractor when resilient floor coverings failed due to a design defect in Missouri.
- Representing a floor covering contractor when raised panel floor covering system failure was due to a design defect in Oklahoma.
- Representing a building owner when resilient floor coverings failed in Kentucky.
- Representing a general contractor when a concrete "sealer" failed in California.
- Representing a homeowner when moisture induced mold growth beneath carpets in an Arizona home.
- Representing a general contractor when wood floor coverings were improperly installed in Canada.
- Representing a floor covering contractor when resilient floor coverings failed due to a design defect in Washington.
- Representing home owners associations in construction defect litigations (numerous California & Nevada) with damages to wood, tile and resilient floor coverings.
- Representing single homeowners in multiple construction defect litigations in California with damages to marble, ceramic tile, wood and carpeted floors.
- Representing a general contractor when wood flooring became distressed due to maintenance, rather than construction issues, in California.
- Representing an Architect when resilient floor coverings failed due to insufficiently dry concrete in Rhode Island.
- Representing a paint and coating manufacturer against baseless claims in Arizona.
- Representing a wood flooring installation contractor in California.
- Representing a corporate client when a "sealer" system was ineffective in Oregon.
- Representing a General Contractor when a "sealer" system was improperly installed in Utah.
- Representing a floor covering contractor when a floor slab was improperly placed in Ohio.
- Representing a floor coating contractor when a installation specification was defective in North Carolina.
- Representing a floor covering contractor in a dispute with an adhesive manufacturer in Texas.
- Representing a floor covering contractor in a dispute with a floor covering manufacturer in New Jersey.
- Representing a floor covering manufacturer when floor coverings were improperly installed in Ohio.
- Representing a Building Owner when floor coverings failed due to improper/insufficient testing in Maryland.
- Representing a School District when a "sealer" system failed to protect flooring from moisture in California.
- Representing a floor covering contractor when an adhesive failed to perform as advertised in Texas.
- Representing a General Contractor when a floor slab system design was defective in Massachusetts.
- Representing a Developer against unreasonable claims of defective concrete by a tenant in Maryland.
- Representing an Interior Design firm when a moisture mitigation system failed in Texas.
- Representing a Construction Manager when floor coverings failed in Illinois.
- Representing a resilient floor covering manufacturer when distress was attributable to moisture in California
- Representing an Architect when floor covering distress was attributed to faulty installation in Canada
If we can be of service, or if you would like to discuss specifics of a case or issue, please feel free to call or e-mail us at:
The initial consultation will be without charge. Thank you for considering our services.